A huge “thank you” to Eric at MakeItUltra for not only creating this award, but also for nominating me. As my British friends would say: I am chuffed! Eric’s blog, MakeItUltra, is about empowerment, choosing to be optimistic, and creating unity as well as making this blogging world of ours a better place, which, hopefully, in turn, we’ll take into our daily life.
ABOUT THE AWARD
The MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers for quality content, originality and presentation. The intention of this award is to encourage connectivity and support in the blogging community and to increase exposure for individual bloggers.
If you have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and choose to accept, write a blog post about the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Take a moment to positively promote the person who nominated you.
2. Display the award on your blog by adding it to your post and/or displaying it using a widget on your page (Save the image to your computer and upload it to your blog post).. Don’t forget to use the tag #MyUltraAward when you make your post!
3. Answer the following MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award questions.
What is your name?
Where are you from?
What is currently referred to as DMV, DC (born), Maryland (raised), and Virginia (live).
How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I’ve been blogging since around tax time 2016. Ha. My first post was on April 13, 2016. I started blogging because I felt my life had grown a bit stagnant and a recent Major Life Event pushed me hugely toward making a change. I didn’t expect to add my personal (creative) writing, but because of this friendly, nurturing community, I found I could do so.
What are you most proud of?
My Faithful Companion, Scout. He came from a hellish start and each day he lives with courage. Also, I am proud to have immensely supportive family and friends who have done nothing but encourage me.
What are your blogging goals?
I didn’t start out having much in the way of blogging goals, but that’s changed over time, mostly because of this community. As I mentioned, I didn’t expect to share my creative writing, but it has been pretty empowering and I can see my writing improving. So I hope to become a better writer as well as support other bloggers. I’m sure that more goals will be added along the way.
How do you spend your free time?
Reading! That’s not a surprise. I also love to take pictures and I have now become the crazy woman walking along taking pictures of all kinds of crazy things.
4. Nominate 1-8 blogs that you feel deserve the award and provide links.
I just want to add that I have chosen these blogs because of the brilliant support they’ve offered me (you don’t know the power of a “like”), their contribution to the community of bloggers, and/or because of their posts which have been consistently beautiful, thought-provoking, informative, and/or amusing.
5. Provide 5 random facts about yourself (optional).
* I would almost always rather be outdoors
* I’m a pescetarian (don’t eat meat, but do eat fish, rarely), but mostly a vegetarian
* I dislike arugula; it’s a fun word to say, but not for me to eat
* I’m a stargazer
* My favorite color is purple
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here).
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and provide a link for them to your post.
You do not need to be nominated to make nominations!