In these past few weeks I have been pretty much overwhelmed by the support and awards I’ve received from this community. I’m a little dazed, disbelieving and another “d” word by it all. Thank you, thank you, thank you! It’s just an incredible feeling! 🙂
Yesterday evening I received a nomination for the Black Cat Blue Sea Award from Aliz97 at Small World, Smaller Girl. Thank you again for being so kind to nominate me for this lovely and oh-so-amazingly-cute award. It’s just adorable! And, if you all haven’t checked out her page, yet, please do. She writes so beautifully!
- Anybody nominated can nominate eight other bloggers.
- The nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator.
- The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions.
- If any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award.
- Who is your favorite musical artist and why? Give me a link to one of their best songs!
- What’s your favorite food? Do you happen to have the recipe? If so, totally share it!
- What’s one funny/cool/random fact about yourself? We want to know!
Question #1 is probably the hardest question for me. How does one ever pick out just one musical artist? Okay. Because I am a rule breaker. I’ll give you two. First, I’ve become a Hozier fanatic. He writes, he sings, he composes. All great. The lyrics can be a little freaky (corpsely so) sometimes and I even shut off one of his songs when it comes on because, well, ewww. Here are youtube linkies to…err.. 3 (it’s not because I can’t count…again…just because I can’t decide) of my favorites Hozier songs.
My second favorite is Pearl Jam. Again three links to completely differently flavored songs.
These videos are kind of like watching Pearl Jam through the years.
And, if you asked me in a year who my favorites are, the answer could very well be different. (A year?! Maybe next week!) 😉
Question #2: what’s my favorite food? Heh! Another hard one. I’d have to say that it’s currently mushroom risotto. As a person who doesn’t eat meat, going to restaurants can be an interesting adventure. I found a bistro that had the best mushroom risotto (unfortunately they’ve closed the bistro to concentrate on their main restaurant. 🙁 ) I have been making it myself based on this recipe. Mushroom risotto. And I love cake, especially Tres Leches Cake. If you haven’t gathered by now, nothing is easy with me so I combine two recipes: first and second. I don’t put any fruit on it. I’m not even going to pretend that fruit would make it healthy and the cake really doesn’t need it. It is lusciously moist and very yummy!
Question #3. What’s one funny/cool/random fact? I believe that rules are meant to be broken. 😉 As long as the breaking doesn’t mean that you hurt someone in any way, you end up in jail, or you have to write an overly long, begging, and humiliating letter of justification.
My Nominations for the Black Cat Blue Sea Award:
You don’t have to accept the award, but it’s so cute! How could you not? And, I’m not nominating the total suggested as I have been making a lot of nominations lately and, while I shouldn’t feel like it’s an imposition, because it’s a really cute award and an honor, I’m not sure that everyone feels that way. (Maybe I’ll do a poll.)
Very Simplistic Questions:
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What song, if any, have you listened to on repeat?
- What’s your “dream” vacation?
if you prefer just book-oriented questions feel free to substitute any (or all) of these….
- What book do you wish they’d make into a movie and who would your dream cast be?
- What book has stayed with you long after you read it?
- Have you ever watched a movie that was better than the book, and, if so, which one?