I have only been working with Goddess Fish Promotions for a couple of years, but they’ve been going strong for 10 years! If you’re an author, check out below what they can do for you as well as find out about the team behind Goddess Fish.
Goddess Fish Promotions Tenth Anniversary
Welcome to the Goddess Fish Promotions Tenth Anniversary Month Long Celebration!
Who is Goddess Fish Promotions? And what do we do? We’re glad you asked!
We didn’t want your visit here to be dry and boring, so we decided to have a poetry competition and put what we do into verse. Here are the initial entries:
Roses are Red.
Violets are Blue.
I’m awful at poetry.
We can edit your book
find things you didn’t see
It will be fun to look
at the changes from me.
Yeah, for some reason, Judy won!
Even better, her poem is correct. We DO offer editing as one of our options. Here are a couple of testimonials from clients:
I worked with Marianne on a complete edit and was very happy with the results. Her feedback was clear, easy to follow, and she probed on things I hadn’t thought of. She was also responsive whenever I had questions and helped me work through a few issues. Her feedback and guidance improved the quality of my manuscript, all at a very fair price. I’m working on my next book and plan to use their services again.
-J B Glazer, author, In Search of Mr. Anonymous
Choosing the right editor for a project is incredibly important to an author. Let’s face it, we want the best for our books. When I was considering editors for my first indie-published book, Regenerate, I naturally thought of Goddess Fish Promotions–and I’m so glad I did.
Marianne Arkins and Judy Thomas are incredibly attentive and professional during the entire editing process. Their input was invaluable and the story is much stronger because they cared enough to help unsnarl plot points and find order in the chaos..
I can’t wait to work with them again. Truly, a top-notch editorial team! – Sarita Leone, award-winning author of Regenerate
We also offer Virtual Book Tours, Graphic Design, Social Media Promotion and more. You can see more testimonials here.
We hope you enjoyed getting to know us a little (more information is below) and we’d like to do the same. We’d LOVE to see a little poem that tells us a bit about you in the comments. We’ll be awarding random book giveaways and $5 Amazon GCs to some of the best poetry we find. It might not be at every stop, but when something really makes us smile, we’ll reward it! Come on, be daring…
And now, more about us:
About Goddess Fish Promotions
Goddess Fish Promotions was established October 14, 2008. Why? Well, when Marianne became a published author and got her the first taste of trying to promote a book on a budget, there was only
one other virtual book tour company in place at the time, and their fees were simply too high for a small press author. After coordinating and running her own tour, she knew other authors could use the same service for a reasonable price. Thus, Goddess Fish Promotions was born.
Because both Judy and Marianne were authors and editors prior to running Goddess Fish Promotions, they approach the business with a unique point of view, and treat their clients how they would expect to be treated.
The people behind the fish
Judy has a college degree in English and she’s worked in retail, education, at her local library as well as an editor for a small press and for the now defunct ShadowKeep Ezine. She’s also a published author so can see things from both sides of the fence. In 2013, she “retired” and now spends her days helping authors make their dream come true—as well as working as much as she can with her local theater group.
Grammar freak and coffee lover, Marianne wrote her first novel at ten years old, built her first commercial website in 2000, and published for the first time in 2006. She worked as a professional editor for just over a year, and knows what it’s like to write, edit and promote a book on a budget.
For Everyone: One $50 Amazon/BN GC, two $25 Amazon/BN GCs, Two $10 Amazon/BN GCs
Enter this Giveaway here.
For Authors: 2 $10 GC for any Goddess Fish Promotions service, Winner’s choice of either a free blurb blitz (2 wk) or book blast (5 day), 50% off any tour (excludes Review tour or Full Service Tour), 4 free 25 page complete book edit, 2 Winner’s choice of teaser or social media cover graphic design
Enter this Giveaway here.
Judy’s Five Favorite Genres (in no particular order)
- First of all, I don’t normally enjoy contemporary romance…and Nora Roberts is not my favorite author (but J.D. Robb is fantastic!). With romance, I need it to be something extra…historical romance works, paranormal romance, and romantic suspense are all right up there.
- I love horror! Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Joe Hill… all auto-reads for me. I have a theory… I am a very positive, upbeat, Pollyanna-kinda person, and that’s why I like dark reads. It balances me out. Your thoughts?
- I cut my reading teeth on mysteries. Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, then graduating to Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes. Mysteries are like puzzles (which I also love). I enjoy trying to figure out “whodunit” before the end of the book.
- Fantasy is another longtime favorite. Who can forget the joy of soaring with the dragons in the Dragonriders of Pern series? Or the sandworms from Dune? I love the way I can visit completely different worlds. Recently, I’ve been reading Michele Sagara. Of course, I started with the 6th book in the series, so now I have to go back and start the series from the beginning!
- Last, but certainly not least, there’s science fiction beginning with HG Wells. I absolutely love his works and have since I was a child. I remembering devouring Asimov’s Foundation series. I love the idea of life existing on other planets besides earth and books looking forward to what might (or might not) happen with our own plane in the future.
Categories: book blogger