Now I will admit that I stopped doing awards awhile back for various reasons. However, these awards are fun and they give me an opportunity to answer questions I might not normally get to answer and share more. And, I also get the opportunity to share some of my favorite blogs when I nominate. So, here we go!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
- What was the last book you loved so much?
I have been fortunate to have read a lot of good books this year. I want to say, Katherine Center’s Things You Save in a Fire (clicking on the link takes you to my review). I read this on vacation. There’s something about her writing and rendering of story and character just really speaks to me.
- What is a character from a book that you can never forget?
For some reason this feels like a very hard question and I’m not altogether sure I have an answer. Although it wasn’t a book, but a play by Tennessee Williams, I’d have to say Laura from The Glass Menagerie.
- Has your genre of books you read changed since you were young?
Not really. I’ve always been an eclectic reader. I will read (and love) anything.
- How often do you actually go to a library anymore?
Hardly ever. I get ebooks and audiobooks from my library, which can all be done remotely.
- What’s the one book you’ve always wanted to read but haven’t yet?
I don’t think that book exists. There are books I feel like I *should* read. But ones that I’ve really wanted to read, I read. 😀
- If you could choose anywhere in the world to read a book, where would you read one?
A beach with warm talc sand, probably the Caribbean…but I’m not too fussy.
- What book world would you actually be okay with living in?
I love the snarky, small-town world of Molly Harper’s Southern Eclectic.
- What is some of your favorite book series?
I liked the Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris, Molly Harper’s Southern Eclectic, Jim Butcher’s Dresden, The Hunger Games, Charmed Texas by Sharla Lovelace….I could probably go on.
- What animal do you wish could also read a book?
Dogs. I think we’d have interesting discussions.
- What’s the next few books you want to get?
I want to catch up on the Mhairi McFarlane books I’ve missed. The next Christina Lauren, which I think I am actually going to read next as an ARC.
- Have you ever read a book in a different language other than English before?
Yes. In college, I read Don Quixote in Spanish because I was for a semester or so a Spanish major until I regained my senses and went back to English Literature.
Here are my nominees:
I appreciate that time can be at a minimum, but hopefully you’ll join in. Feel free to disregard questions and modify participation as you feel necessary.
Also, since I haven’t nominated a total of 11, if you’d like to take part, please feel free. I’m never sure who’d like to participate and who wouldn’t.
Here are the questions:
- Required reading in school. So many books we didn’t want to read. Was there one you actually enjoyed?
- Is there a scene from a book that has stuck with you? Why?
- Is there any movie that you’ve liked more than the book it was based on?
- What book would you recommend to….anyone?
- Do you have a bookish guilty pleasure?
- Is there a hyped book that you hated?
- Stuck on a desert island…what 4 authors’ books would you bring?
- If you’re a writer (or secretly want to be a writer—I won’t tell 😉 ) who would you most like to write like?
- What’s your favorite setting for reading?
- Ebooks, audiobooks, hard copies. Do you favor just one?
- Do you have a favorite book quote? If not, a favorite scene? If not, a favorite character? If not, a favorite anything book related? 😉